SOLICITOR – PRO BONO AND HEAD OF CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY (CSR)
• Newly created position – make this role your own!
• Unique, innovative, and award-winning law firm
• Fantastic benefits – rewards program, social events, free boot camp and yoga!
Curwoods Lawyers is looking to appoint a part-time solicitor to work three days per week in a newly created role which will see you take responsibility for developing and executing Curwoods pro-bono strategy, as well as owning and delivering on our CSR strategy.
Reporting to one of our practice group leaders, your responsibilities will include:
• Review existing pro bono work and consider alternative options to ensure work is optimised and we are meeting our corporate citizenship obligations
• Build on existing relationships and create new relationships with pro bono clients
• Take full ownership of pro bono matters, including strategy, commercial decisions, and end-to-end matter management
• Align our pro bono program with our clients’ community relations strategies
• Mentor and guide lawyers working on pro bono matters.
Head of CSR:
• Design, deliver, and promote our CSR program both internally and externally
• Chair and manage the CSR committee
• Coordinate and manage CSR activities
• Develop and promote a CSR culture across the business.
To be successful in this role you will have:
• A Bachelor of Laws or equivalent and a current New South Wales practising certificate
• Four years’ post admission experience
• Superior oral and written communication skills
• Excellent client service delivery and presentation skills
• The ability to build strong internal and external client relationships
• Excellent organisational and time management skills
• A passion for making an impact on the broader community and motivating others.
Our Culture and Benefits
Curwoods Lawyers has a proven track record built on strong, long-standing client relationships. Our objective is to continually improve the service we offer our clients and at the same time adhere to our business values – perspective, courage, respect, integrity, excellence, and accountability.
We thrive on a challenge, we are passionate about innovation, and we see the world from a ‘Different Perspective’.
We provide our people with a number of benefits including a reward and recognition program, training and career development opportunities, weekly fruit deliveries, social events, free boot camp and yoga, and a work/life balance.
What to Do?
If you have everything we are looking for and want to be a part of a workplace that recognises achievement please submit your cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.